Client Services ManagerDUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Full-time (40 hours, 52 weeks)
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), the Client Services Manager is responsible for leading the Client Services Team. The Client Services Manager is accountable to the CIO for the administration and resolution of all day-to-day client-facing problems and service requests from the students, faculty and staff.
These client services include but are not limited to service requests in the following areas:
- Phone System Maintenance and Support – MITEL
- Media Services - various
- Classroom Technical Support - various
- Audio/Visual Support – Apple TVs, Polycoms, Panel Displays, various
- VDI Desktop Support – VMWare
- Service Desk Support - TrackIT
- User account access and change maintenance – Tools4Ever implementation expected
- Office 365 Support
- Student Service Desk establishment and development.
The Client Services Manager will determine daily work direction, monitor and distribute workload, and provide overall IT management of the area. The Client Services Manager is responsible for establishing the norms, policies and procedures for the area that will ensure a high level of customer service to all clients.
Other responsibilities include serving as the lead for all communications to the university community. This includes managing the IT Communications plan for events such as planned and unplanned outages. The Client Services Manager will also focus on anticipating the staffing and support needs that are associated with semester starts and other critical times throughout the year. The Client Services Manager must understand the needs of faculty, staff, and students and be able to provide seamless support throughout the institution's academic calendar.
- Lead, support and supervise the Client Services Technicians to provide services that are contemporary, robust, stable, and timely. Provide VDI direction and expertise to staff with regard to newer technologies such as VDI, Office 365, etc.
- Lead, mentor, coach and develop Client Services team to include individual and team performance objectives, direction and goals, provide coaching and counseling of staff to accomplish goals. Coordinate training activities for staff.
- Create and supervise the establishment of a student staffed Service Desk that will serve the university. Train students to provide Audio/Visual support as well.
- Communicate all client-facing information to the University community related to supported IT initiatives.
- Develop and maintain information for Service Desk responses in a knowledge base.
- Work with software and hardware vendors for problem resolution.
- Handle client complaints. Coach and train staff in providing exceptional customer service. Serve as Information Technology’s lead customer advocate.
- Provide oversight of all client experience activities as well as manage ongoing projects and tasks.
- Manage and track Service Desk Tickets. Provide comprehensive service desk ticket metric reports that reveal trends and drive behavior.
- Provide project management expertise for key Client Services projects.
- Ensure the necessary tools are available to onsite Client Services Technicians that will enable proactive and responsive services. Staff and train team of Client Services Technicians to provide either remote or mobile support.
- Maintain the University’s software application licensing agreements and license counts. Manage all related vendor support contracts for end user hardware and software.
- Coordinate the effective deployment of all computer replacements such as new VDI’s, PCs, laptops, printers, etc., in accordance with applicable replacement schedules as well as associated licensing.
- Work closely with Application Services and Technical Services teams to recommend, design and deliver the best solutions for the University with a focus on reliability and scalability in a 7x24x365 environment.
- Monitor and report on system status, project status, problem resolutions, department budget, and tasks associated with the IT Strategic Plan.
- Contribute to the development of system policies, standards and procedures.
- Supervise the creation of appropriate documentation of all systems, processes and work flows.
- Related duties as assigned.
- The ability and willingness to support the Mission of the University; and to work collaboratively and collegially.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies or related field, or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- 4- 7 years of experience managing a Service Desk.
- Prior Office 365 implementation and support experience.
- Prior VDI implementation and support experience.
- 4- 7 years of experience with service desk ticketing systems and customer service workflow.
- 4-7 years of experience demonstrated experience leading a team of customer service professionals and fostering a culture of communication, positivity, empowerment and productivity.
- Strong understanding of technical troubleshooting methodology and end user orientation.
- 4- 7 years of IT management and staff supervisory experience. Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Prior Project Management experience.
- Ability to facilitate problem-solving among administrative groups with varying needs and priorities, and to communicate well with administrative users, technical staff, and senior management
- Knowledge of applicable laws, guidelines or regulations as they relate to IT in higher education.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills across organizational boundaries and to C-level positions
- Ability to work with a range of technical staff to develop joint solutions
- Prior experience hiring and mentoring student help desk technicians.
- Experience transforming a support organization from a reactive to a proactive support model.
- Experience implementing and maintaining IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices.
- Experience expanding Help Desk support hours to second shift.
- Prior Higher Education experience.
- Prior experience evaluating various hardware and software delivery solutions and making recommendations to senior leadership regarding possible options.
- Prior IT budget creation and budget monitoring experience.
Interested individuals are invited to apply. And, while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter stating pay expectations, resume or CV and the names of 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or Office of Human Resources, Rivier University, 420 South Main Street, Nashua NH 03060. No agencies please. EOE.