Assistant Professor School PsychologyDUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
10 months, 21-24 credits
Rivier University invites applications for a full-time tenure track faculty position the area of School Psychology in the Division of Education for its Combined Doctoral Program in Counseling and School Psychology. The candidate is expected to be actively involved in teaching, advising, supervision, scholarship, and dissertation committee work for doctoral students in a combined program in school psychology and counseling. The successful candidate must hold an earned doctorate from an APA accredited or NASP approved school psychology program with completed internship by August 2016. Rivier University fosters an inclusive and diverse community and welcomes applicants to support this strategic goal.
We seek a dynamic candidate with a promising research agenda who has the ability and willingness to support the mission of the University and whose teaching, research, and professional/clinical experience provides leadership throughout the students' program of study and clinical experiences. The position includes teaching a variety of courses at the doctoral and graduate level, supervision of doctoral practicums, and service to the academic and wider communities. Service to the Division of Education and University is expected.
Applicants with experience, knowledge, and scholarship in the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Earned doctorate in school psychology from an institution of higher education with an APA or NASP accredited school psychology program and eligibility for certification as a School Psychologist or licensure as a psychologist in New Hampshire;
- Experience working in K-12 schools;
- Graduate and doctoral teaching in classroom and practicums;
- Experience and promise in advising and mentoring doctoral students on dissertation committees;
- Demonstrated agenda and productivity of scholarship including research, publications, and presentations in an area of school psychology, and clinical practice; and,
- Teaching, clinical supervision, and oversight of graduate and doctoral students and school based practica sites commensurate with background and experience;
- Experience in the integration of technology into teaching and learning for all students;
Interested individuals are invited to apply. And, while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter stating pay expectations, resume or CV and the names of 3 professional references to email@example.com or Office of Human Resources, Rivier University, 420 South Main Street, Nashua NH 03060. No agencies please. EOE.