Vice President for Finance & AdministrationDUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Finance & Administration
Rivier University seeks an
experienced and entrepreneurial leader to oversee all aspects of the finance
and business functions of the University including controller’s office, information
technology, financial aid, physical plant, human resources, and auxiliary
services of food service and bookstore. Reporting to the President and working
closely with other members of the President’s cabinet, the VPFA plays a key
role in the implementation of the University’s strategic initiatives,
partnerships and fulfillment of Rivier’s core mission of “Transforming hearts
and minds to serve the world.”
(including, but not
Administration and Planning
leadership in the development and continuous evaluation of short and long-term
strategic financial objectives and sound fiscal policy including internal
controls and risk management.
- Oversees and
recommends investment and endowment policy.
proper classification of donor designated funds and the expenditure of
restricted funds including financial aid programs.
and insures compliance with debt covenants, federal and state regulatory
requirements, and other agencies.
financial policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Planning and
budgeting into the University’s institutional planning cycle.
- Develops and
manages the University’s annual and capital budgets, forecasts, and financial results.
processes for financial forecasting related to enrollment and net tuition
financial and business analysis for organizational planning.
timely analysis of budgets, financial reports, trends and forecasts to
administration, auditors and the Board of Trustees.
and Physical Plant
- Supports the
implementation of the campus master plan, space utilization studies, and
environmental analysis, deferred maintenance, and sustainability initiatives.
institutional effectiveness in the leadership and formulation of strategic and
operational goals in the following areas:
- Financial Aid
- Information Technology
- Oversees and
negotiates contracts for auxiliary services, financial services, and plant
operations including construction and renovation projects.
- Serves as the
primary liaison to legal service providers.
- Evaluates and
negotiates University’s insurance coverage and risk management services.
- Staffs the
Board of Trustee Committees for:
- Finance &
the University to all appropriate internal, governmental, and professional
- Related duties
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- The ability and willingness to support the Mission of the University; and to work collaboratively and collegially.
- A strong commitment to the mission of Rivier University and the values of a Catholic higher education.
- A master’s degree related to finance or administration and at least 5-8 years of progressively responsible management experience preferably in higher education or a comparable setting.
- Demonstrable experience in the application of technology to financial and administrative processes. Background in the application of technology supporting teaching and learning for online academic programs.
- Experience and knowledge necessary to be an effective leader and supervisor for all operations listed in the scope of the position.
- Experience in planning, funding, and implementation of capital projects.
- Exceptional integrity, ability to exercise good judgment, effective written and oral communication skills, the ability to build and manage teams effectively, and demonstrable experience in the use of technology to evaluate and improve educational outcomes and operational efficiency.
Rivier University is being assisted by the partners of Hyatt - Fennell. Nominations and application materials should be
submitted to: Cheryl Hyattat Rivier@hyatt-fennell.com.
Applications include a letter of interest, a current résumé, and
complete contact information for five professional references and will be
reviewed as they are received. Applications will be held in confidence and should
be submitted prior to January 27, 2016 to receive full consideration.
Rivier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.