Director of Online LearningDUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Rivier University seeks a full-time Director of Online Learning. Reporting to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and working closely with deans, faculty, and administrators, the Director of Online Learning will serve as a primary liaison charged with bridging initiatives between the University’s online learning partner and the office of academic affairs.
The director will be responsibility for supporting course development, coordinating curriculum renewal, and serving as a liaison with Rivier’s online learning partner in the area of course development, instructional design and as a liaison with faculty.
This position works closely with faculty and academic staff to ensure communication and coordinated efforts between the University and our online learning partner related to the development of policies, procedures and guidelines to support curriculum development processes.
The position requires excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills, combined with a collaborative work style. Excellent decision-making, organizational, and time management skills.
Related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have
- The ability and willingness to support the Mission of the University; and to work collaboratively and collegially.
- Master's degree in higher education, curriculum and instruction, instructional design technology, or a related field, from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Minimum of three years of experience in online teaching.
- Minimum of three years of experience in the development, management and operation of online programs.
- Solid understanding of best practices in online higher education, including organizational models, delivery formats, technology tools, staffing, work flow, planning and assessment.
- Proficiency in Canvas or similar university-supported learning management system.
- Knowledge of and experience with section 508 compliance.
Interested individuals are invited to apply. And, while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter stating pay expectations, resume or CV and the names of 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or Office of Human Resources, Rivier University, 420 South Main Street, Nashua NH 03060. No agencies please. EOE.