GSE Computer Science TutorDUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Academic Affairs/Division of Arts & Sciences
17.5 hours per week for 14 weeks
The Mathematics and Computer Science Department is seeking a Graduate Student Employee who will provide technical skills and tutoring for the department of Computer Science (CS).
- Work one-on-one or with a small group of Rivier Computer Science students to help them develop skills and understand programming languages
- Model and teach appropriate learning and study techniques to students in order to encourage independent learning
- Adjust tutoring techniques and interpersonal skills to allow for students’ diversity
- Communicate, as needed, with the professors of the classes being tutored
- Honor the confidentiality of the tutor/student relationship
- Adhere to the policies, procedures, and the code of ethics that underlie the mission and organization.
- Related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and full-time status as a graduate student at Rivier University
- Be in good academic standing in CS graduate studies program with a GPA greater than 3.5
- The successful applicant will particularly have, but not limited to:
- Exceptional skills in programming languages (Java and/or C/C++)
- Knowledge of various operating systems (e.g., Windows, UNIX, Linux, etc.), computer organization, data structures, and computational algorithms.
- The ability and willingness to support the Mission of the University; and to work collaboratively and collegially
Interested individuals are invited to apply. And, while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae or resume and the names of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or Office of Human Resources, Rivier University, 420 South Main Street, Nashua NH 03060. Rivier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.