Academic Affairs/Division of Arts & Sciences
3-6 credits per semester
The Department of History, Law, and Political Science invites applications for a possible adjunct position in core or general education courses in history. More specifically the ideal candidate would be able to teach the first and second half of interactions: “West in the World II,” which addresses themes from the stabilization of global contacts in the 17th century and the transformation of Europe by science and the rise of sovereignty to the end of the global Cold War.
- abillity to design and evaluate substantial writing assignments and examinations
- willingnesss to help students develop writing skills and exam success strategies
- willingness to design document based reading assignments that include volcabulary development, reading skills development and public speaking development
- ability to engage students with frequent questions and discussions
- other duties as assigned
- An earned Master’s or PhD in European or non-western history
- The successful candidate will be available for daytime (afternoon) classes
- Ability to teach online and to learn Canvas
- Previous teaching experience desired.
- Ability and willingness to support the Mission of the University; and to work collaboratively and collegially
Interested individuals are invited to apply. And, while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter stating pay expectations, resume and the names of 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or Office of Human Resources, Rivier University, 420 South Main Street, Nashua NH 03060. No agencies please. EOE