International Students

International Student FAQs

What agencies do you use for credit evaluations?
Rivier University refers applicants to either the Center of Educational Documentation, Inc., Box 170116, Boston, MA 02117 or an agency that is approved by the American Council on Education.

Are there deadlines for applying as an international student?
In order to be considered for admission for the fall semester, an international applicant must complete the application by July 1. To be considered for the spring semester, the applicant must apply by November 1. 

Who is the international student contact?
International students have two points of contact. In the admissions office, the international student will be in contact with the Director of Undergraduate Admissions. International students will also be in contact with Dey Barriga, International Student Advisor who will assist them in obtaining an F1 visa.

Is the TOEFL score required?
Yes. International applicants must demonstrate English proficiency with a minimum TOEFL score of 500. International applicants to the undergraduate nursing program must demonstrate English proficiency with a minimum TOEFL score of 550.

How do I get my I-20?
Upon acceptance to Rivier University, applicants are issued an I-20, Certificate of Visa Eligibility. The applicant must take this to a United States Consulate of Embassy office along with other documents required to obtain an F-1 student visa which will permit entry into the United States for full-time study at Rivier University.

What do I do if I don’t have a visa?
For those students who do not have a visa, please contact Dey Barriga, International Student Advisor for advice on obtaining an F-1 status. Acceptance to Rivier University is required before an immigration form I-20 is issued. 

Download Undergraduate ApplicationRivier OrientationOpen HouseVisit BookstoreAdmissionsParking