Business Office

International Students Payment FAQs

  1. What is the process for payment of my tuition and fees?

    These options are available for international payments to Rivier University. Please select whichever option is best for you:

    • peerTransfer:

      Rivier University has partnered with peerTransfer to streamline the tuition payment process for our international students. peerTransfer allows you to pay from any country and any bank. They also offer excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home country’s currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, compared to traditional banks. You will be able to track the progress of your payment throughout the transfer process via a student dashboard and you will also be notified via email when your payment is received by Rivier University. If you need to make an international student payment, please visit peerTransfer.

    • Wire:

      (US dollars only) please notify us in advance by email to: When wiring funds be sure to include your surname (family name, last name), given name (first name), your term start date, and Rivier University student account/ID number (this is printed on your letter of acceptance). This will assist us in accurately identifying the funds and applying them to your account. Wire information:

      1. SWIFT # : CTZIUS33 Citizens Bank
      2. Beneficiary Account: Please request at 
      3. Beneficiary: Rivier University
      4. Beneficiary Address: 420 S Main Street, Nashua, NH 03060-5042
      5. Specific instructions (OBI field): Student name ……………

      A $15 wire fee will be added to the student account to cover the cost of the wire.

    • Check:

      The check should be made payable in US dollars to the Rivier University and drawn exclusively on a US bank.

      Payment by check should be sent to:
      Rivier University
      Business Office
      420 S Main Street
      Nashua, NH 03060-5042 

  2. If fees are paid in advance and then the student has an overpayment of tuition and fees, will the university refund the pre-paid fees?
    • Yes, we will refund any over payment made for tuition and fees once all charges have been paid. Refunds are processed after the last day of add/drop from the term. See #3 below for funds paid in excess of tuition and fees.
    • Credit card over payments will refund the credit card.
    • Cash or check over payments are refunded to the student by direct deposit or check through the RivierRefundCard (HigherOne). This is mailed to your local address early in the semester in a green envelope.
    • Enrollment Confirmation Deposits are not refundable if the student does not enroll at Rivier.
  3. Can I pay excess money to Rivier and then request a refund for the amount over tuition and fees?

    No. All payments to Rivier should be for tuition and fees of registered courses only. Establishing a US bank account for non-school needs is helpful. If excess funds, beyond tuition and fees for a semester are received, they will be held on the student's account to pay toward future semesters.

  4. Can I pay for the two semesters and leave the balance for second semester on my student account?

    Yes, for example if a payment is made in the fall which includes both fall and spring tuition, the spring balance can remain on your account until spring. If there is refund it will be returned after add/drop in the spring.

  5. Why am I charged an International New Student Fee ($250)?

    This is a one-time fee for all F1 visa and/or F1 status students including transfers, in their first term of enrollment at Rivier University. Continuing students who apply for a change to F1 will be assessed the fee once given F1 status. This fee helps to offset the additional cost of services provided to international students before and after arrival on campus.

  6. What is the graduate International Student Comprehensive Fee ($350)?

    Each semester (fall, spring and summer) F1 visa and/or F1 status students are required to pay a fee to compensate for additional expenses of full-time (9 credits or more) graduate student services. Students using the Rivier University I-20 also are required to pay this fee. Services include public safety access, computing fees, fitness center, writing center support, academic support, supplemental transportation and other Rivier student services.

  7. If I paid for the entire year in advance and I transfer to another school after one semester, will the fees I paid for the remaining semester(s) be refunded?

    Yes. If you pay for the entire year and are enrolled only one semester, the amount you paid for the remaining semester(s) will be refunded to you upon request. Please see the refund policies linked in the next question for further details.

  8. Where can I find information regarding the refund policies of the University?

    See the Rivier University’s Business Office web page for the Refund Policy 

  9. When should I pay my Enrollment Confirmation Deposit ($100)?

    You should pay your deposit as soon as all of the following items are true:

    1. You have been accepted for enrollment at Rivier University for the term you will be attending.
    2. You have confirmed with the Office of Global Engagement that any required visa has been approved for study at Rivier.
    3. You understand and agree to all academic requirements outlined in my acceptance letter.
    4. You have been accepted into the academic program that you will be pursuing and you understand that you may not be able to change majors after paying this deposit.
    5. You are certain that you will be attending Rivier University in the term specified below.
    6. You are certain that you will not transfer to another university before enrolling at Rivier University.
    7. You have the required visa approval for study at Rivier University (i, ii, or iii below):
      1. You have a United States student F1 visa approved for study at Rivier University.
      2. You have completed the SEVIS transfer process at another US institution and have submitted all regulatory requirements for transferring your immigration Form I-20 to the International Student Services at Office of Global Engagement. For information on how to complete SEVIS Transfer process, please email
      3. You are a non-immigrant who is authorized to study at Rivier University (e.g. H, L, J, TNs). Note: If you are on an F2 or B1/B2 non-immigrant status, seek immigration advice from the Senior Associate for Global Engagement before applying for admission to Rivier University.
  10. Is my $100.00 Enrollment Confirmation Deposit refundable and where does this money go?

    This fee is not refundable for new incoming students and for new transfer students.

    Why is it not refundable? The purpose of this deposit is to confirm your place in the entering class for the term you have indicated at Rivier University. It is not refundable because this will confirm a place in our classrooms that another student may not be able to obtain after you pay your deposit.

    When you enroll, this deposit will be automatically credited to your tuition charges by the Business Office. It is not an additional fee, it is a deposit.

  11. What happens if I miss the Enrollment Confirmation Deposit deadline date?

    If there is still space into your accepted academic program, we may accept your deposit after the deadline. If there is not space in your program, you may not be able to enroll at all, or you may be asked to defer your starting date to a future academic term.

  12. The banks in my country generally make payment through a demand draft and not through checks? Is this form of payment acceptable?

    Yes, a demand draft on an American bank in American dollars is an acceptable form of payment. Please note the check must be drawn exclusively on a US bank. If an international bank is referenced on the check, the domestic bank collections process will be initiated. This process can take several weeks before payment is posted to your account. Bank collection fees may reduce the payment amount.

  13. Does Rivier University offer a payment plan for international students?
    • Yes, eligible students may enroll in the University's General Payment Plan which breaks out the payments over the semester. This allows students to divide semester cost into 2 or 3 monthly payments from a U.S. checking account instead of paying one lump sum by the tuition payment deadline date. For more information about Payment plans visit here.
    • Tuition Monthly Payment Plan
      For a monthly budgeting payment plan, we recommend TuitionPay to budget the fall, spring and summer semesters. Break down your education expenses into manageable interest-free installments. TuitionPay can be contacted directly for further information by calling 1-800-635-0120 or through their website at
  14. I am a transfer student, my bank loan was sanctioned with the previous university and it will take about 12-20 days to complete the transfer of funds. Can I do anything to avoid the late payment fee?

    See 15 below for due dates. Late payment penalties are applied one week after the due date. Students should plan transfers accordingly. Please contact the Business Office if there as special circumstances. See 16 below.

  15. What is the deadline to pay tuition and fees? Does the payment deadline vary depending on the ‘semester’ or ‘term’ in which I am registered?

    Tuition and fees are due one week prior to the start of the semester or term of enrollment. For example if you are taking courses in Fall-term 1 that starts August 25th and Fall-term 2 that starts October 21st, payment is due August 18th for term 1 and October 14th for term 2. For convenience you can pay all by August 18th and leave the balance on your account for October 14th.

  16. What is the University Business Office contact information?
    • The Business Office is located on the first floor (Room 111) of Adrienne Hall

      Phone: (603) 897-8488
      Email: Business Office
      Fax: 603-897-8814

    • Our business hours are: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Business Office infoPresidents Report